Hey! I want you to be comfortable opening up to me as we start working together, so I'm going to do the same for you. Here are some things about me you should know.
• I have an English degree but throughout my adult life, I rarely read. And if I do, it takes me FOREVER to get into a book. I mean, it has to hook me right from the first page or else I never get through it.
• I hate to cook. To me, it's a chore and just means there will be a mess for me to clean up afterward.
• I could watch Friends every day all day and never get bored. If the opportunity arises, I will probably quote it.
• I've struggled with depression and anxiety. It is a part of me, but it doesn't define me. I'm a work in progress and I'm ok with that.
• Things that make me happy: llamas/alpacas, antique quilts, abandoned houses, teal, dance parties with my girls, essential oils, my one cup of coffee in the morning, poutine, pineapple on pizza and summer thunderstorms.
I have two little girls who make me so happy and drive me so crazy (if you're a mom, you get it right?) I'm married to a guy who moved across the country for me, so I think he's a keeper.
I started out in Newfoundland and somehow ended up in the Saskatchewan prairies for 11 years. Now I'm back in New Brunswick, where, almost 20 years ago, I spent four years at STU learning to be a journalist. Why the heck did I come back, you ask? I missed the east coast. I missed the ocean, the trees, the people. My roots. My heart has never left Atlantic Canada. It will always be home to me.
Why Blueberry Hill?
I lived in the same house all my life. Our backyard was amazing, full of big old trees and places to explore. And pick blueberries. It's one of my fondest memories of time spent with my dad, who also happens to be my biggest inspiration and the reason I believe I love photography.
My dad passed away in the fall of 2016. He's buried up on Blueberry Hill in our hometown. It just felt fitting to name my business after something that has so much meaning to me.
When I was a kid, my parents took a lot of pictures. I can see my dad with his camera around his neck, and I can hear myself saying "daddy take a picture of me!" I'm so glad he did.
My work has been featured in several publications and blogs. I am also a contributing photographer with Spectrum Inspired and an affiliate for Unraveled Academy. Read more by clicking the links below.